Easy recipes to cook on a chiminea garden fire pit
Look at these delicious and easy 3 recipes ( only 1 is pizza)
- Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
- Taffy Apple Pizza
- White Pizza ( so easy that you will try it this next Sunday)
First is first, in the previous blog article you learnt how to season your new chiminea and how to light your new clay fireplace chiminea, let's use it as a real chef.
Tools to prepare homemade pizza
For these recipes, you will need: (click on links to view deals)
a pizza peel
a pizza cutter
a dough scrapper
a pair of oven mitts
a food scale
Here are the easiest recipes for clay chiminea
Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
→ SERVES 12
Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 20 mins
1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan halves
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
1/4 cup (60 mL) apricot preserves
1 4-inch round (8 oz./230 g) Brie cheese with rind, room temperature
1 loaf (16 oz./450 g) French baguette Vegetable oil
- Preheat chiminea fire pit near 500°F (260°C). Control the temp with the air thermometer for better results. Coarsely chop pecans. Chop jalapeño using the Food Chopper. In bowl, combine the jalapeño and preserves; mix well.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of the Pizza Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture evenly over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread the remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Using a bread knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick (6-mm) slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with oil using the Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8–10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from chiminea fire pit; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2 ⁄3 cup (150 mL) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup (60 mL) pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.
Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine chopped brown sugar, almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.
This recipe can also be prepared using a 20 oz. (575 g) round of Brie. Simply double the ingredients for the Brie. Place Brie in a 2-qt. (2-L) casserole dish and proceed as recipe directs. Bake 12–14 minutes or until Brie begins to soften.
For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise using paring knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Brie before baking.
This recipe can also be prepared on the Stone Bar Pan, if desired.
Camembert cheese can be substituted for the Brie, if desired.
Taffy Apple Pizza
→ SERVES 16
1 pkg (18 oz./540 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) creamy peanut butter
½ teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
¼ cup (60 mL) caramel ice cream topping
½ cup (125 mL) peanuts, chopped
- Fire the chiminea oven with one layer of charcoal up to reach 350°F (176°C). Shape the cookie dough into a ball and place the dough in the center of the Pizza Stone; flatten the dough slightly. Using a lightly floured a Baker’s Roller®, roll out the dough into a 14" (35-cm) circle, about ¼" (6 mm) thick. Bake for 16–18 minutes or until the dough is a light golden brown. Remove the stone from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Carefully loosen the cookie from the baking stone using a bread knife; let the cookie cool completely on the baking stone.
- Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla in a Small Batter Bowl and mix well. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the baked cookie.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples using the Apple Peeler, Corer & Slicer. Cut the apple slices in half and arrange them evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Microwave the ice cream topping on HIGH for 30–45 seconds or until warm; drizzle the topping evenly over the apples. Chop the peanuts using a Food Chopper; sprinkle the nuts over the apples. Cut the pizza into wedges.
Dip the apple slices in lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda or lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
Add a touch of spice to this dessert pizza by sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apple slices in Step 3.
→ SERVES 6
Prep Time: 5 mins Total Time: 20 mins
½ lb. (250 g) prepared pizza dough
Cornmeal for dusting
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
4 oz. (125 g) mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup/250 mL)
½ oz. (15 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (¼ cup/60 mL)
½ cup (125 mL) whole milk ricotta cheese
¼ cup (60 mL) oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped Salt and pepper
4–5 chopped basil leaves
- Place the Pizza Stone on the middle rack of the oven, and preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) for up to 30 minutes (see cook’s tips).
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and flatten with your hands. Starting at the center and working outwards, turn and stretch the dough into a 12" (30-cm) round disk, forming a lip around the edge. Fold the dough in half twice.
- Transfer the dough to a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal and unfold.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic; brush on the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Spoon on dollops of ricotta. Top with chopped tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the pizza onto the stone in the oven and bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted, about 12–15 minutes. Top with basil just before serving.
Pizza crust gets even crispier when cooked on a preheated stone.
Leftover dough? Tightly wrap and freeze it. You can thaw it overnight in the fridge or let it sit on the counter for about an hour.
I hope you enjoyed reading, now it's time to cook!
Hook me up on my social media arsenal and let me know how this goes for you.
Please, consider buying your new chiminea from this site, this supports these blogs and you get the same clay wooden fired oven chiminea that you see on these pictures with all included accessories.
Do you want to send it as a gift? I gift wrap and insert greetings card at no extra cost, just type your needs when passing the order through my store here
Do you find the price too hight? Take the quiz and get a 20% off by using your promo code. This is the link for the quiz